Tasks in the project: Paolo Mulatero is with Tracy A. Williams the UNITO group leader involved in WP2 and WP4-6.
WP2 & WP4-6: His team will contribute to:
- Assessment of the omics signature for patients with secondary forms of hypertension
- Recruitment of referred hypertension patients for the multicentre screening of established omics biomarkers to identify patients with overt endocrine hypertension, with subclinical forms and patients clustering into a specific endocrine group.
- Assessment of the validity of screening for omics biomarkers in hypertension patients to establish a stratified health promotion programme in hypertensive subjects.
- Participate to the dissemination of the findings to patient organisations and to national and multinational scientific societies.
Paolo Mulatero, MD, is associate professor of internal medicine at the University of Torino, Italy; is also European specialist in clinical hypertension, member of the Endocrine Society and of the European Society of Hypertension, expert in diagnosis and therapy of secondary forms of hypertension and in particular of primary aldosteronism, PI in clinical trials and genetic studies on hypertensive patients. HI 35, IF ~ 700, i-10 index 86, total citations 5071.
- Mulatero P, Monticone S, Bertello C, Viola A, Tizzani D, Iannaccone A, Crudo V, Burrello J, Milan A, Rabbia F, Veglio F. Long-term Cardio- and Cerebro-Vascular Events in Patients with Primary Aldosteronism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:4826-33.
- Mulatero P, Monticone S, Rainey WE, Veglio F, Williams TA. Role of KCNJ5 in familial and sporadic primary aldosteronism. Nat Rev Endocrinol. 2013;9:104-12.
- Mulatero P, Tauber P, Zennaro MC, Monticone S, Lang K, Beuschlein F, Fischer E, Tizzani D, Pallauf A, Viola A, Amar L, Williams TA, Strom TM, Graf E, Bandulik S, Penton D, Plouin PF, Warth R, Allolio B, Jeunemaitre X, Veglio F, Reincke M. KCNJ5 mutations in European families with nonglucocorticoid remediable familial hyperaldosteronism. Hypertension. 2012;59:235-40.
- Mulatero P, di Cella SM, Monticone S, Schiavone D, Manzo M, Mengozzi G, Rabbia F, Terzolo M, Gomez-Sanchez EP, Gomez-Sanchez CE, Veglio F. 18-hydroxycorticosterone, 18-hydroxycortisol,
- Williams TA, Mulatero P, Bidlingmaier M, Beuschlein F, Reincke M. Genetic and potential immune triggers of primary aldosteronism. Hypertension 2015;66:248-253.
-Williams TA, Monticone S, Schack VR, Stindl J, Burrello J, Buffolo F, Annaratone L, Castellano I, Beuschlein F, Reincke M, Lucatello B, Ronconi V, Fallo F, Bernini G, Maccario M, Giacchetti G, Veglio F, Warth R, Vilsen B, Mulatero P. Somatic ATP1A1, ATP2B3 and KCNJ5 mutations in aldosterone-producing adenomas. Hypertension 2014; 63: 188-195.
-Williams TA, Monticone S, Crudo V, Warth R, Veglio F and Mulatero P. VSNL1 is up-regulated in aldosterone-producing adenomas harbouring KCNJ5 mutations and protects from calcium-induced apoptosis in vitro. Hypertension 2012; 59: 833-839.
-Williams TA, Monticone S, Morello F, Liew CC, Mengozzi G, Pilon C, Asioli S, Sapino A, Veglio F, Mulatero P. Teratocarcinoma-derived growth factor-1 is upregulated in aldosterone-producing adenomas and increases aldosterone secretion and inhibits apoptosis in vitro. Hypertension 2010;55:1468-1475.
Full list of publications is available at the link