Tasks in the project: Silvia Monticone is participant from the UNITO group involved in WP2 and WP4-6.
WP2 & WP4-6: Contribution: see Paolo Mulatero
Silvia Monticone earned her MD in 2007 from University of Torino (Italy) and in 2013 she completed a residency in Internal Medicine at the same university.
In 2011, she spent one year as research fellow at Georgia Health Sciences University in the Department of Physiology, where she started a successful collaboration with the laboratory directed by Prof. WE Rainey. She is currently research scientist in Internal Medicine at the University of Torino, Italy; she is also member of the Italian Society of Hypertension since 2008 and in 2012 she won the Italian Hypertension Society fellowship.
- Monticone S, Satoh F, Giacchetti G, Viola A, Morimoto R, Kudo M, Iwakura Y, Ono Y, Turchi F, Paci E, Veglio F, Boscaro M, Rainey W, Ito S, Mulatero P. Effect of adrenocorticotropic hormone stimulation during adrenal vein sampling in primary aldosteronism. Hypertension. 2012;59:840-6.
- Monticone S, Hattangady NG, Nishimoto K, Mantero F, Rubin B, Cicala MV, Pezzani R, Auchus RJ, Ghayee HK, Shibata H, Kurihara I, Williams TA, Giri JG, Bollag RJ, Edwards MA, Isales CM, Rainey WE. Effect of KCNJ5 mutations on gene expression in aldosterone-producing adenomas and adrenocortical cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:E1567-72.
- Monticone S, Hattangady NG, Penton D, Isales CM, Edwards MA, Williams TA, Sterner C, Warth R, Mulatero P, Rainey WE. A Novel Y152C KCNJ5 Mutation Responsible for Familial Hyperaldosteronism Type III. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:E1861-5.
- Monticone S, Satoh F, Viola A, Fischer E, Vonend O, Bernini G, Lucatello B, Quinkler M, Ronconi V, Morimoto R, Kudo M, Degenhart C, Gao X, Carrara D, Willenberg HS, Rossato D, Mengozzi G, Riester A, Paci E, Iwakura Y, Burrello J, Maccario M, Giacchetti G, Veglio F, Ito S, Reincke M, Mulatero P. Aldosterone Suppression on Contralateral Adrenal During Adrenal Vein Sampling does not Predict Blood Pressure Response After Adrenalectomy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014;99: 4158-66.
- Monticone S, Viola A, Rossato D, Veglio F, Reincke M, Gomez-Sanchez C, Mulatero P. Adrenal vein sampling in primary aldosteronism: towards a standardised protocol. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2015;3:296-303.
Full list of publications is available at the link http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=monticone+s