The main objective of WP2 is to provide genomics data from multiple individual platforms. Together with data flowing from WP3, this compiled and integrated dataset will be the basis of multidimensional bioinformatic modelling and identification of molecular signatures in WP1, to be subsequently used as omics-based circulating biomarkers in WP4. The general strategy of WP2 is to perform genomic analyses in a discovery cohort and to evaluate test characteristics of a limited number of genomic-derived biomarkers designed by WP1 (the SIGNATURE) in a validation cohort of equivalent size. Reference values for the genomic signatures will be established in appropriate control populations to enable their use as stratification biomarkers. The genomic signatures will then be applied to patients recruited from ESH Centers of Excellence within WP4 for the stratification of hypertensive patients.
The specific objectives of this WP are to:
- Establish genotypes from germline DNA.
- Establish tissue-derived genetics and genomics to identify surrogate circulating biomarkers.
- Establish genotypes from circulating free DNA.
- Establish circulating miRNA profiles.
- Validate a limited number of genomic parameters of the omics signature (OS) calculated by WP1 in the validation cohort
- Establish reference values for genomic components of the OS in control populations
- Measure the genomic components of the OS in the context of the clinical study performed in WP4.